I wanted to post this ON my 36th birthday, BUUUUUUUUT as you can see, I'm a few months behind...HEE, HEE!!!!
1. What's my favorite thing about myself?
2. What's my least favorite thing about myself? Ummmm... Idk...maybe being scatter-brained! Getting lost in my imagination...like crying over a non existent death...lol...
3. What's my favorite physical feature? My eyes or smile
4. What's my least favorite physical feature? Probably my teeth
5. What stresses me out the most?People's emotions...I'm a very happy-fun-loving-easy-going kind of person. But I'm also a pretty empathetic person so I tend to take on what others are feeling- If someone has bad self-esteem I want to change that because it bothers me so much that they would feel bad about themselves or like if someone is sad or depressed or in a bad mood it makes my emotions all uh emotional...if that makes sense!!! LOL Buuuuut only if it's someone that I'm really close too!!! Otherwise I really don't get stressed to much...kinda weird that people's stress, stresses me! LOL
6. Am I introvert or extrovert? I am ambiviant! That means I'm both! I love people and am outgoing, buuuut I also enjoy being by myself and actually need to get away and just be with me sometimes too. I mean, that's how writers are...we kinda got be in our own little world...Hee, hee!!!
7. What's my least favorite school subject? Math!!!
8. What's my biggest weakness? Uh chocolate...oh probably shopping...If you consider that a BAD THING...otherwise...it could be a STRENGTH!!! ;))))
9. What is my talent? Writing!!! and Probably storytelling and speaking...which are actually all forms of writing, they just come forth in different ways!
10. How do I show someone that I love them? Hmmm either through gifts or spending time with them! No probably by spending time! Quality time! IF I want to hang out with you instead of myself, I probably love you!!! Hee, hee!!!!
11. Is it a bigger deal for me to say I love you or for me to say I miss you?IMiss you!!! you see, I'm a very loving person, and I could just about tell anyone that I love them, and truly mean it...I DO!!! Buuuuuut I don't like to say anything that's NOT true, like fake sayings, sooooooo to say I miss you to someone, I mean, I could love you buuuuuuut, that doesn't mean I actually mind being away from you, buuuuut IF I miss you, well, that means I ACTUALLY MISS being with you...make sense??? Buuuuuut If i went around telling EVERYONE at church that I loved them, I'd probably be spending some time in my pastor's office!!! AHAHAHA!!! It's not always appropriate to say I love you, yet, I can't say the more acceptable thing UNLESS I actually feel it...otherwise I'd be lying!!! LOL
12. Do I make my bed in the morning? YES!!! I really do!!!!
13. Is my car clean? Depends...buuuut I keep it cleaner that I used too!!!
14. What was my highest weight? 408
15. What are my two favorite scents? Roses and orange blossoms
16.Favorite scripture? To live by:John 13:35 God's awesomeness:John 21:25 When doubts creep in: Psalm 18:30
17. Favorite story in the Bible? The story of Joseph in Genesis! "What man meant for evil, God meant for Good!"
18. What's my greatest accomplishment in life? Aside from living for God, I think when I started reaching out and doing van/bus ministry!!!
19. What was the saddest time in my life? When my mommy poo died!!! :,(
20. What Skill would I like to master? Hmmmm...maybe a budget and savings account and cooking better than my brother John!!! AHAHAAA!!!
21. What is something I will never do again? (Propose on FB!;)
22. What would you tell the 20-year-old you?Your NOT going to be getting married for a REALLY long time, sooooooooo enjoy life, don't get in debt and save money!!!! Other than debt, which I paid off, and focusing too much on marriage, I really wouldn't do anything else different except be wiser with my finances!!!
23. What's my favorite app? I think it's a toss between Yelp and google maps and Audible, otherwise I'm not really on my phone too much these days!
24. Am I more of a romantic or an adventurer? A Adventurer!! LIfe is an adventure and perhaps God will add in a little bit of romance...buuuuut even romance is an adventure if you think about it!!!
25. What's my favorite physical activity? HIKING!!!
26. Am I sporty or active? Active!!! Still a klutz in any competitive sport BUUUUUT I loooooove doing active things!!!
27. What is my bed time? Between 8 and 9:45 What is my rising time? 5-6am!
28. Am I a animal lover? Only stuffed animals, burgers and chicken strips!!!
29. Do I love naps? Nope!!! I'm NOT a napper unless I'm SICK!!!
30. What's more important to me, Godly character or anointing in a person? GODLY CHARACTER!!! 200%!!! Christlike character is something we should all be striving to have no matter our status or place in life. King Saul was anointed but he lacked Godly Character and his life, despite his anointing, ended in despair. Character is the foundation to hold up your anointing, but without it, everything else will eventually crumble if your character is not developed. It's like having a beautiful building on top of nothing.
31. What is my dream career? To be a MOM!!! I know it's cliche but after all this time, it's still my dream!!!
32. What are my top 3 favorite books?1. Wonderland Creek by Lynn Austin 2.The Wedding Dress by Rachel Hauck 3.The Mitford series by Jan Karon I like books of adventure!!! 4. The Theif from Corinth
33. What is one thing you compromised in a moment of weakness but learned from? In 5th grade I was mean to the weird guy at school...I mean not overly mean buuuuut, I didn't stick up for him when I should have! I've always felt bad about that!
34. What is one spiritual thing that I have overcome?In my BC days, (Before Conviction) Because of the lack of a prayer life, I struggled with watching television. When I developed my prayer life, I had the power to overcome that weakness!!!
35. Biggest pet peeve? It's a toss up between fakeness and people that idolize men over God. We serve God, NOT man!!! Buuuuuuut at the end of the day I think fakeness takes the cake...I DESPISE IT!!!
36. What life saying did my mom teach me the most to live by? "Keep your eyes and Jesus and everything will be all right!"
37. What three things do I MOST want to accomplish before I turn 37?
1. Financial Savings- Ive overcome the whole debt thing buuuuuut I really need to implement saving money now too...it's just...Oh look...AMAZON!!! LOL
2. Get my BMI down...Was at like 50 or 55, now I'm at a 39, doc wants it at 29...Right now I'm still over fluffy, then I'll just be fluffy!!! Hee, hee!!!
We have been having AWESOME church over here at Landmark!!! The kids have just been seeking God and we've had quite a few get the Holy Ghost in the last little bit and they are still just praying and praying, such tender hearts and sensitive spirts to the presence of God.
BUUUUUUUUUUUT... this past Sunday night was one of the most amazing services ever! We had great church in the morning and then at night Pastor preached a powerful message about the potter not being finished with the clay. We had a great altar call and everyone had prayed and prayed and the service was coming to an end but there was my little nephew O. Unbeknownst to everyone else, he was on his knees, head buried and I could see his tear stains in the rug, he was just sobbing and travailing in prayer, saying, "I love you Jesus! I love you Jesus!"
Pastor said I think we should linger just a little longer in prayer and then he went over to Odin and told him to lift up his head and raise his hands. He lifted his tear-stained cheeks, raised his little arms and in less then five minutes he was speaking in other tongues!!!
Then pastor said, TAKE THAT DEVIL!!!
And the whole church just went wild rejoicing!!!
When I think about everything Odin has been through and all the battles and people that the devil has used to try and stop this moment from happening, I can't tell you the overwhelming feeling of JOY I felt!!! There is POWER IN PRAYER and God is the VICTOR!!!!
Take that DEVIL!!!
Your NOT GETTING THESE ONES!!!
Ellie Karlson, who already got the Holy Ghost a month or so ago, before she even turned 4, stayed with him the whole time he prayed wiping away every single one of his tears with a tissue!!!
And his beloved Bishop!!!
Something that Denae Abbott, one of O's teachers at the school wrote about him...
Isn't that sooooo sweet!!!!
God is doing great things!!! I'm so grateful for my church!!! I am blessed to go to Landmark Pentecostal Church of Scottsdale AZ!!! The Holy Ghost is moving!!!
True story people!!! Once upon a time, in the end of 2007, before the conception of Classic Mary Moments had taken place, there was a broken-hearted Mary that had lost her merrienessMARYness!!! I had stopped writing! I didn't laugh, I hardly brushed my hair and lets be real, this may seem hard to believe, buuuuuuuut, I had started dressing like a FRUMP!!!
One day, a really good looking young man paid me a simple compliment. It wasn't flirty or outlandish, it was just a simple but sincere compliment that turned me around. I stood taller and began to make big changes in my life to live up to the compliment...annnnnd yeah...I "Fell in love" with the guy for a while too...ahem...maybe a few years...buuuuuuut...heeeeeeyyyy...I really needed that compliment at that time.
That guy, whom I thought was sooooooooo handsome, had the power to use his words to build me up or tear me down...or FURTHER down then I already felt at that time in my life!!! Sometimes we're scared to compliment someone because think they may get the wrong idea, buuuuuut you know what, I say its better to build someone up and they get the wrong idea, then to snub someone without reason and bring them down.
After that compliment, I went home from that conference with a new mindset. I was going to start dressing cutesy again! I was going to do my hair everyday and every church service no matter what. It didn't matter if there were or weren't any single guys at my church, I was still going to look good. ANNNNNND that year I started writing again. By the end of 2008, Classic Mary Moments had started and the Mary we all know and love, YES, including Mary...hee, hee, was reborn!!!
So you see my friends, we all have power with our words.
Now do I think that none of all that would have happened IF that guy had NOT paid me a compliment??? NAH!!! I mean, I'm still Mary and God is STILL GOD!!! I'm sure eventually I would have gotten out of my slump and God would have used some other situation or person buuuuuuut heeeeeey WHY not be the good-looking-tool God uses to build someone up????
May as well right??? ;) Hee, hee!!!
Any child that is around me for to long will soon be quoting John 13:35
God wants us to love each other!!! I'm not just talking about loving lost souls, I'm talking about loving our church family, loving our brothers and sister in the Lord!!! We are a witness TO LOST SOULS, by our love to one another within the church! God want us to LOVE!!! My friends, don't be fake, don't be a flatterer, don't be a player, buuuuuut sincerely be NICE!
A drama free church is a WELL HYDRATED CHURCH!!! Hee, hee!!! Imagine everywhere pastors just start passing out gallons of water to their saints!!! Bahahahahahahaaaaa!!! Have a drama free week my friends!