Saturday, August 29, 2009
Calling ALL single Apostolic young ladies
Friday, August 28, 2009
Happy Birthday Jayne!!!
Hugs and kisses!!!
Mar Bear! =)
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
A Brond Moment!!! ;)
The other day I was on the phone with one of my friends and she was like telling me about how she thinks that it really neat when people have brown hair and blue eyes. She is like you know it's just such a nice combination and you dont see it very often. She is like, I mean usually if people have brown hair they have brown eyes and if they have blue eyes they have blond hair. And she is just going and on about how unique it is to see that combination....
and I am like uh huh, uh huh, I know what you mean. But in my head I am thinking; Ok, like, who does she EVEN know that has brown hair and blue eyes? I don't think I even know anyone with that combination!!!! So I am like talking to her again and I am like, yeah, I mean like, I have blue eyes but my hair is...hmmm...what color hair do I have...hmmm...OH HEEEEEEEEY, I have brown hair!!! OMW!!! I have brown hair and blue eyes!!!
She is like YEAH Mary, thats who I was talking about this WHOLE time YOU!!! I think its really cool that you have brown hair and blue eyes!!! HAHAHA!!! I am like, OMW! Like THANKS!!!
It was for sure a brond moment!!! They happen ALL THE TIME!!! :)
I LOVE chocolate!!!
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Annoying Love!!! ;)
I am like "WHAT?!?" (LOL) Now she had my attention! She is like VERY nonchalant when she is talking, "would you like lose some of your fat?" I am like, "Uh," She is like "You know LOSE WEIGHT Mary!!!" I am like totally laughing now! "Uh, yeah Ella. Sure!" "Okay then," she says handing me the ball, "Just bounce this ball." I am like "soooooo all I have to is bounce this ball and I will lose weight?" and she is like, "No Mary, it's called EXCERCISE!!! if you wanna lose your fatties you gotta excercise."
Sooooo I am just standing there bouncing the ball thinkin in my head GREAT sooooo NOW I have a five-year-old weight loss trainer!!! HAHA!!! She looks over and gives me an approving nod. "Good job Mary! See, I am over here bouncing my ball too," she says. "I am excercising." I don't need to, but I am doing anyways with you!" "Awww how sweet of you," I say rolling my eyes!
But I got to thinking about it...Have you ever noticed that it's the people your closest too that can be the MOST annoying?! They get onto you about all your little problems. The things you need to change, or work on. Have you ever wondered why it's the people we love that can cause us so much irritation?! I think it's because the people that love us are the ones that actually care! The bible says in Proverbs 3:12, For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.
Sometimes it's hard to realize, that when we are being corrected, we are in fact being loved. Some people might have gotten offended by a little girl saying that to me. However, I didn't see it like that. She wasn't making fun of me, just being honest and truthful, which can be annoying, but none the less, still the truth.
I look over at Ella, we are both still bouncing our ball. Yup, sometimes love is just PLAIN ANNOYING! She looks over at me and smiles.
Saturday, August 22, 2009
What do you all think?!?!
Getting these FOR SURE!!! Ooooooo they are sooooooo adorable!!!
I just can't help but totally love the girliness of the pink, yet I like the cheerful brightness of the green too. I am kinda thinkin the pink shoes with green laces...oooooooo NOW how does that sound?!?! Opinions PLEASE!!! =)
Friday, August 21, 2009
I am a woman, hear me...
I absolutley LOVE it!!!
Everytime I look at it I just crack up laughing!!!
I guess, EVEN though I am up, I am SOOOOOOOOOO NOT a morning person!!!
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Another cRaZy Wednesday!!!
Then I say, everyone turn to your neighbor and say, "Girl, YOU STINK!!!" Soooooo they turn to each other with TOTAL attitude and are just like "Girl, YOU STINK!!!" Then I say NOW smell YOURSELF and SAY, "Ewwwwwww I SMELL!!!" Sooooooo at first they are like what? We don't smell... then they start smelling themselves and they are like, MAN!!! I REALLY do smell!!! Ewwww!!! EWWW!!! Awwww NASTY!!! Soooooooo everyone is like smelling themselves AND OMW it did smell!!! LOL Like the BO was just flowing wildy at this point... and I was like Aw MAN, I had forgotten that this would happen...
So I am trying to gain control but at this point EVERONE is like gagging from their OWN BO...I am like okaaaaaaay, okaaaaaaaay, okaaaaaaaay lets get on with the lesson!!! AND they are like NO Sis. Mary, YOU DON'T understand, we smell SOOOOOOOOO bad we can't even concentrate. So in the middle of class, I have to break out my perfume and spray EVERYONE'S arm pits before the lesson could go on!!! I am like OMW is this like normal?! Do other SS teachers have to do this?!?!
Soooooo finally we continue on with the lesson. I tell the story of King David sinning...blah, blah, blah...bible scriptures...etc...LOL So I am closing up talking about repentence. Repentence is the only way we can get rid of the stink in our life...blah, blah, I am ending the lesson...Repenance is like a bath for the soul. It’s like you let God get inside of you and srub out ALL the dirt in your heart...
Then ever so casually I add in, AND you know in our PHYSICAL life baths take away the stink too!!! If you wanna smell good you gotta take a bath!!! Soooooo ummmm, is everyone like, gonna take a shower tonight?!?! It's kinda silent for a minute then someone says, "Maybe, BUT probabley NOT!!!" I am like yeah, thats what I kinda figured!!! Needless to say, I love them anyhow...AND Thank God for Bath and Body works 75% clearance sales! Its a fun life being me!!! :)
Thursday, August 13, 2009
37 things about me!!!
2. Have you ever smoked? Nope!!!
3. Do you own a gun? Not yet...maybe they'll get me one for Christmas!!! ;) ( I have shot a gun MANY times before...with my pastor present too!)
4. What flavor Kool Aid was your favorite? What do you mean WAS?!?! I still love it!!! The bright royal blue kind!!! It is sooooooooooo pretty I want that EXACT color in my weddin! My brother John says he can just see me weddin shoppin, holdin a glass of that kool-aid, tryin to get people to match it!!!
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? No, I just don't go!!! LOL
6. What do you think of hot dogs? Love em on the grill!!!
7. Favorite Christmas story? uh, like the one about JESUS!!!
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? COFFEE all the way baby!!! AND don't forget the sugar free creamer...gotta make it white!!! Second would be MOUNTAIN DEW!!!
9. Can you do pushups? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
10. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? Don't wear any...not even watches!!! :) LOL but...I DO wear headbands and flowers!!!?
11. Favorite hobby? Uh, writing!!! I don't know if you all had noticed that or not...
12. Do you have A.D.D.? No, but I am kinda absent minded!!! Like sometimes its REALLY bad!!!
13. Do you wear glasses/contacts? Sometimes I wear fake ones just cause I like the way I look BUT I can't keep them on my face for more than an hour!!! I am the same way about chapstick...it just drives me CRAZY and I wipe it off after two minutes!!!
14. Middle name? Frances
15. What are you thinking at this exact moment? Tryin to figure out WHAT I am thinkin about...
16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? Water, coffee
17. Current worry? Cast all your cares upon Him...for he careth...
18. Current hate right now? Hmmmm...
19. Favorite place to be? Church!!!
20. How did you bring in the new year? I like can't remember!!! That was kinda a while ago!!!
21. Where would you like to go? Hawaii...AND I AM!!!!!! Wooooooooohooooooo!!!
22. Name three people who will complete this. Umm, Jac, Liz, Sheree...MAYBE!!!
23. Do you own slippers? Nope-I just wear flip-flops 24/7!!! (Well NOT when I am sleepin! ;)
24. What color shirt are you wearing? Lime green!!!
25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? Idk but I really want some!!! I heard they are hard to keep on your bed though and you slide off...like some little girl slid off her bunk bed!!!
26. Can you whistle? NO!!! I HAVE always wanted to but could never figure it out!!!
27. Where are you now? The other living room...the one that has the computer in it!!!
28. Would you be a pirate? Only if I could wear HOT pink and look TOTALLY cute!!!
29. What songs do you sing in the shower? Whatever I FEEL like singing!! I mean it's not as if I have a SPECIAL singing in the shower song!!! LOL
30. Favorite Girl's Name? Well I just really think Mary is an adorable name...sometimes when you know a person it just makes that name EVEN more special...u know!!! =) I also like Esther and Ruth-especially the meaning of Ruth that I found in my woman's study bible!!!
31. Favorite boy's name? Ummmm...hmmmm...IDK...people keep ruinin them by me meeting them...HAHA!!! But I kinda like the name Caleb!!!
32. What's in your pocket right now? I don't have any!!!
33. Last person that made you laugh? My brothers teasin me!!! They are such RETARDS!!! =)
34. What vehicle do you drive? Whatever they let me get behind!!! :D
35. Worst injury you've ever had? Ummm...like I broke my toe once and HAD to hav surgery on it!!! GHETTO!!!
36. Do you love where you live? YES!!! PHOENIX rocks, this is where my family is, my friends and my church...where else would I wanna live?!?! PLUS, I absolutley LOVE being an Arizona Hottie!!! I am just waiting till CA falls in so we can get our ocean!!! ;P
37. How many TVs do you have in your house? None here!!! Woooooohooooo!!!!
Now, YOU, copy/paste AND poste yours!!! =)
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
I slept pretty much the whole trip there in between sending out text messages and listening to Jac talk. When we were ALMOST there I awoke to someone barfin in the back seat. But somehow this young lady was sooooooo delicate about it! I mean when I barf its like WILD!!! Anyways, we get to our hotel and immediatley the FUN begins!!!
The first night we were reunited with the Abbott's after their 6-week travel. It was sooooooooo good to see them again...although they were late to church so Denae and I couldn't like SCREAM when we saw each other...BUT we screamed silently. After service, we FINALLY met John, Jac's FRIEND, and he is actually really cool!!! (LOL) Then we hung out with the Garrett's youth at Chic-Fil-A, which was really cool to be a part of. Chick-fil-a went like ALL OUT!!! But it always kinda cracks me up that we have to like go all the way to Colorado to hang out with our friends in the next city over...(yo people, we need to like plan some stuff!)
During the day we ended up going to the mall twice, and somehow I managed to NOT even do any shopping...Oh wait, I bought one thing, BUT that was for Jestina's hair so it doesn't really count!!! (Hav I ever told you guys that accessories are my downfall?)
Hmmmmm...I think the main service I remember was the last one...it was awesome! It just kept going and man us girls danced until we just couldn't anymore!!! We were sooooooooo tired we didn't really even want to be at the Roadhouse, but somehow we managed to recooperate enough to hang out at the hotel. Played a couple of games telephone...HAHAHAHA!!! What can I say; all in all it was a GREAT trip...check out the pics!!! =)
Ooooo and BTW: I know we teased you A LOT Jac about all the talking, BUT thanks for driving us all out...You ROCK!!! ;P
Click on link below to CHECK out the pics!!!
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
I got my permit!!!!!!!
Before my bday my mom KEPT askin me what I wanted and like I honestly couldn't think of ANYTHING I REALLY wanted...BESIDES a driver's liscense! I knew the only way that would happen is if I actually went to driving school...ABC driving school your basically guaranteed...LOL!!! So she kept askin soooooo finally i was like the ONLY thing I really want is MY DRIVER'S licsense!!! She wasn't exactley thrilled about it...I was even asked if I wanted my liscense or a lap top....Which I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want for my writing BUT I was like NO!!! I am 26!!! Do you know how STUPID I feel when people ask me if I drive and I am like uh, no not yet and they are like oh whatever at first and then they ask, so how old are you? AND I am like uh, 25, and they are like WHAT your 25?!?! AND you don't drive?! WHY?!?! And the honest to goodness truth to that answer is FEAR!!! OMW!!! It's like SOOOO scary!
So I got my permit YESTURDAY!!! Passed the test with a 91%!!!! So in church they were taking testimonies and I thanked God that I had passed my permit test and Bro. Davy was like, Mary has set a record in this church gettin her permit at age 25 AND the WHOLE church chorused back, 26!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!
My younger brother John is teaching me and he is like SOOOOOOOOOOO good about it!!! He is like soooo calm!!! John is like kinda bossy, I mean seriousley, most of the time I like forget he is even my younger brother cause he is like ALWAYS tellin me what to do! (Or maybe I am just easy to boss around!)LOL Soooooooo anyways, onto my drivin endeavors thus far...
When I showed John my permit he handed me the keys and was like lets go. So I am like Okaaaaaaaaaaaay and I like go out to the car and start walkin to the passengers side and he is like, WHERE are you going?! And I am like, ummmmm to the car and he is like, YOUR driving! I was like OOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
So were at the church and he was like ok why don't we just go around the parking lot a couple times at first. So we are going around and I am like, OMW I am like DRIVING!!! And John is just like all calm, and he is like yeah it should come pretty natural to you and I am like, OH Really?! Like Why?! He is like, uh, cause your 26! I am like OOOOOOO yeah!!!
So then we are driving out on the road and I am like picking up speed and John is like, Ok now watch your speed. So I am like lookin at my speedometer and like the next thing I know John is like, uh Mary, your drivin OFF the road! I am like OMW!!!! He is like laughing and he is like WHAT were you doing?!?! I am like, WATCHING my speed!!! He just shoook his head...
More driving adventures to come!!! =)
Sunday, August 9, 2009
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? (Romans 10:13-14)
These scripture has been running through my mind. So often we hear about revivals that are going on in Africa, but what about a Holy Ghost revival with the African people right here?! Wouldn't that be AWESOME?! If God could do it across the world, in another continent, with the SAME people, He can do it right here too!!!Please pray for the African people in Phoenix Arizona...They NEED JESUS!!! I was talking to someone the other day and they nonchalantley said, "Well, there is only so much you can do." Then dissmissed the topic. You know what that IS TRUE! On MY OWN I am NOTHING... BUT I have a God that said in HIS word that He is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us(Ephesians 3:20). Apostolics bind together and pray for we have a God that IS able!!!
Saturday, August 8, 2009
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Hang in there!!!
Maybe, it was just the whole, I just turned 26 and even though I am really involved and do a lot with my church, I am still waiting on God. In October it will have been three years since I found the African refugee kids. Even though a lot of great things have happened with them it feels like there needs to be so much more done and it feels like we are still waiting for a really big break through with them. Its hard to explain but its like I can feel such a strong burden for them but I am just waiting on God, to move but I am not sure for what or how.
So after the hour and a half of praying, I still didn't feel like I had gotten what I needed from God. Thankfully though everyone decided that they still wanted to have church so they resumed the service. The choir began to sing and they sang a song called, He Knows My Name... He counts the stars, he is in control of everything...he knows my name...every step I take...every tear that I cry...when I am overwhelmed by the pain... I don't know what tomorrow may bring... BUT I know I'll be just fine cause HE KNOWS MY NAME... I had never heard this song before but as I listened to the song something inside me broke and I just started crying cause it just felt sooooooooo GOOD to know that God KNOWS my name...I don't know what will happen BUT he knows!!!
THEN, just to confirm it to me after the preaching during the actual alter call, all of us girls were gathered together in a circle. We all had our arms around each other and we were all bouncing up and down as the praise singers were singing Baptize me Jesus. Well, I hadn't noticed it when the choir sang it earlier but there is a bridge and the praise singers start singing and it goes, Hang in there! Hang in there! Don't you DARE give up...So as they are singing it Sheree just looks right at me and smiles and just starts singing it to me, she is like, Hang in there, hang in there, don't you DARE give up! Then, she kind looks at me and nods her head matter of factly and says, "The African kids!"
Sheree really isn't the kinda person that just spouts out flowery words of encouragement...she just aint like that!!! SOOOOOO...It was like the sweetest thing EVER and I really felt like God was just telling me, Hang in there!!! For He counts the stars one and all, He made the mountains and the seas, He is in CONTROL OF EVERYTHING AND HE KNOWS MY NAME!!!!!!!!