I wanted to share with you all an AMAZING recipe that everyone that has tasted this has absolutely RAVED ABOUT!!! For some reason I keep thinkin of all my newlywed friends when I think about this recipe...liiiiiiike your hubby will be sooooooooooo IMPRESSED....IF HE LIKES LEMON... annnnnnnnnd if you moved to a NEW CHURCH they to will be VERY AWED by this!!! Lemon Lush...it is simply... LUSHIOUS!!! This recipe is refreshingly PERFECT for the summer season!!!
I originally got this recipe from the food blog, The Girl Who Ate EVERYTHING! and then I Marified it!!! You can see her version HERE or you can get the MARY VERSION below
What you will NEED...
2 cups of pecans
2 sticks of softened butter (1 cup)
2 Cups of flour
Cream Cheese filling
2 8oz packages of cream cheese
four tablespoons lemon juice
2 cups of powdered sugar
Two packages of instant lemon pudding
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
3 cups of milk
1 tub of cool whip
OR make your own cool whip
1 and a half cups of heavy cream,
WHAT YOU DO!!!
1.Preheat the oven to 350
2. Mix together all the ingredients for the crust, use your hands to really form a dough type
3. Take the crust mixture and press it in to a 9x13 baking dish
4. Bake 25-30 minutes or until slightly browned or browner depending on what you prefer
5. Let crust completely cool
6. Mix together cream cheese mixture with a hand blender, food processor OR blender...IF your mixer happens to be VANISHED which is MY CASE!!! LOL
7. Spread this layer over the cooled crust and put in fridge for 10 minutes
8. While these two layers are in the fridge mix together the Lemon Pudding layer
9. Now put the lemon pudding layer on top of the cream cheese layer
10. Now its time for your cool whip...just open the tub and put it on top...BUUUUUUT if you bought your cool whip its most like from the frozen food section of the store so make sure its been defrosted and spreadable!!!
NOW its time to CHOW BABY!!!!
I originally made this recipe on Easter annnnnnd all of my family RAVED about it!!! I'm pretty sure that I personally ate about HALF OF THE PAN...KID YOU NOT!!! Then my family requested that I make it again for Mother's day!!! I promise you all, THIS RECIPE IS A WINNNNNNER!!! My sister, my mom, my pastor's wife, friends...EVERYONE LOOOOOOOOVES IT!!!
IN FACT even my brother Joe told me on Easter that my Lemon Lush was BOMB!!! I literally almost passed out on the spot when I heard him say that!!! I mean, you know how brothers are annnnd mine could be eating plates of my food and when I ask them how it is they say...Alright or Not bad...annnnnnnnnd OF ALL MY BROTHERS....to get JOE TO SAY ITS BOMB is literally like...pick-me-up-off-the-floor-and-slap-me-so-I-know-i'm-NOT-dreaming! Soooooooo yes people, LEMON LUSH IS OFFICIALLY...
BIG BROTHER APROVED!!!
♥Mary Frances :)